Credit Card Authorization & Purchase Terms
- A credit card must be placed on file with a credit card authorization form to book and full payment is required to book and schedule.
Refund, Cancellation, and Rescheduling Terms For Memberships:
- Once purchased, this studio package is completely non-refundable in all possible scenarios with no exception. If by a business mistake, refunds will be issued in 60 days’ time.
- You may reschedule your booking up-to 3 days before your rental by reaching out to us directly at 816-693-6535. Please leave a message with your name, phone, original booking date/time, and your request to update the booking date/time.
- Bookings not rescheduled at least 3 days prior to your rental forfeit the hours booked.
- Occasionally Motive has professional film crews, productions, and events that book our space. As a small business, we must take these bookings as they generate significant revenue beyond our typical hourly rentals. In the event that a production is booked and the time has been rented, we will reach out two weeks before your booking to reschedule your booking and refund your time. This is a very rare occurrence, but sometimes happens.
Refund, Cancellation, and Rescheduling Terms For Hourly Bookings:
- Motive does not offer refunds of any kind for any of our services. If by a business mistake, refunds will be issued in 60 days’ time.
- If you cancel your session, you forfeit your full payment.
- If you need to reschedule your session, please do so at least 7 days prior to your scheduled booking.
- Requests to reschedule less than 7 days before your scheduled booking will incur a $25 fee that will automatically be charged to your payment form on your account.
- Requests to reschedule with less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a fee of 1/2 the total booking price and will be automatically charged. Please plan ahead with your clients & customers and be sure to arrive for your scheduled booking.
Motive Studio Usage
- Motive Studios operates primarily as an open-concept portrait studio outfitted with high-quality furniture, props, mirrors, wall art, and fixed lighting.
- Customers are to stay inside the Motive space they have booked. In the event that customers venture to other parts of the building without permission, we reserve the right to immediately cancel current, future, or pre-purchased bookings, without a refund.
- The majority of the furniture may be re-arranged for creative purposes, this includes plants, non-wall hanging mirrors, chairs, stools, carpets, and small furniture. If you would like any of the larger furniture moved, please reach out ahead of your session with your creative concept. This includes cabinets, area rugs, beds, and couches.
- When purchasing rentals, memberships, or packages, you agree to treat our space with care. This includes being cognizant of the furniture, upholstery, perceived weight limits on benches & sitting furniture and ensuring. In the event that a piece of furniture is broken, we will review the footage and determine if care was taken. If it is
concluded that care was not taken, we will charge your card on file for 1/2 of the total cost of the furniture and provide you with the original cost.
- When inside the premises, we have the following zero-tolerance policy: No alcohol, illegal drugs, open flames, glitter, confetti, sprayed liquids, food, body oils, loud music above 70db, strobe lights, animals, or smoking in the building. In the event that you do not follow these guidelines, we reserve the right to immediately cancel current, future, or pre-purchased bookings, without a refund.
- It is your responsibility to arrive on time to your rental. We allow access to the spaces 5 minutes prior to your rental. We will not allow access earlier unless additional load-in/out time is purchased. Please plan to begin loading out and cleaning up 10 minutes before the conclusion of your booking. Motive schedules back-to-back sessions.
Motive Access & Security
- Our spaces are monitored by multiple cameras that record video & sound and noise decibel meters. These will not be shut off. In the event that you tamper with our security devices, we reserve the right to immediately cancel current, future, or pre-purchased bookings, without a refund.
- Our spaces include electronic locks and lock boxes. We will provide you with a rundown on how to operate the electronic locks and lockboxes. Failure to lock up properly may result in a $200 fine charged directly to your card on file.
Motive Additional Information
- Motive will occasionally send you promotional offers via email, text, and mail. By booking, you opt-in.
- Due to the nature of business, Motive intends to foster a safe environment for all patrons and individuals who rent out space. Occasionally shoots will feature nudity or other forms of art that require a closed session. It is the responsibility of the customer to notify staff ahead of their session if they intend on having a closed session. If we do not hear from you, we are released from the liability of ensuring the space is not entered without prior approval.
- Customers may not schedule non-photography-related activities with their studio booking without Motive approval. This includes meetups, parties, business meetings, after-hours events, or showing the space.
- Motive occasionally uses videos/photos that our staff creates during sessions to promote our brand via our physical and digital platforms. You consent to us creating this content by booking our space.
- On-site staff will be intermittently in and out of our studio spaces unless you reach out ahead of time to notify us of a closed session. If you need additional help setting up lights or working equipment, we’re happy to schedule a personal session ahead of your time for a lesson fee.